Friday, September 16, 2011

Tremble

Have I come to casually 
Because it seems to me 
There's something I've neglected
How does one approach a deity
With informality
And still protect the Sacred


Cause You came and chose to wear the skin of all of us
And it's easy to forget You left a throne
And the line gets blurry all the time between Daily and Divine
And it's hard to know the difference


   Oh, let me not forget to tremble...... Oh, let me not forget to tremble
    Face down on the ground do I dare
    To take the liberty to stare at You
   Oh, let me not forget to tremble


What a shame to think that I'd appear 
Even slightly cavalier 
In the matter of salvation
Do I claim this gift You freely gave 
As if it were mine to to take
With such little hesitation?


   Oh, let me not forget to tremble.......


Cause you came and stood among the very least of us
And it's easy to forget you left a throne
The cradle and the grave could not contain your Divinity
And neither can I, oversimplify this love


   Oh, let me not forget to tremble. Oh, let me not forget to tremble
    Face down on the ground do I dare
    To take the liberty to stare at you
   Oh, let me not forget to tremble"
----------------

  Lyrics to Nichole Nordeman's song, Tremble
   

No comments:

Post a Comment